Thursday, July 1, 2010

Glory in nature

Nature never taught me that there exists a God of glory and of infinite majesty. I had to learn that in other ways. But nature gave the word glory a meaning for me. I still do not know where else I could have found one.
C.S. Lewis

That seemed like a fitting quote from Lewis. It is a beautiful world we live in, and often we are blessed to see the glory of it. But sometimes we see the awful tragic consequences that sin has on our world. Today's jolt from Lewis is late because I've been busy writing a posting for another blog concerning the Gulf oil spill crisis and a Christian response to it. It's a matter for urgent prayer, especially now with the added dimension of Hurricane Alex. Please feel free to check out my posting (link below) and leave any comments. I wish a mere Christian response were possible to this crisis, but instead it would seem some Christians are more eager to promote other agendas.

Oil Spill Disaster in the Gulf: How we can know that it is not God's judgment on the US

No comments:

Post a Comment